6/11/21 - Focus@FM Bulletin
Congratulations to Scott Lewis for being named the 1st Quarter 2021 Supervisor Spotlight Award winner and to Irene Trujillo for receiving the May Peer Recognition award. You can read why they were nominated on the Employee Recognition page of the FM website.
Nominations are open for 2nd Quarter Supervisor Spotlight as well as for June All Star and Peer Recognition awards.
Information on awards and links to nomination forms can be found on the Employee Recognition page.
Deepest condolences are extended to the family, friends, and colleagues of retired Area 1 Manager David Simpson. He was loved and respected by his FM family and was awarded the 2019 Outstanding Manager Award in recognition of his years of committed service. A staff member who nominated David for the award said, “He is willing to go to bat for his guys.” Another said, "his care and concern for his employees was notable.” He was missed in retirement and will be doubly missed with his passing late last month. May we all live up to his example. Rest in Peace.
Going forward, new and promoted staff will be announced as a regular feature of the FOCUS@FM Bulletin.
This week, we welcome Tim L’Esperance. Tim began his role as the new supervisor for Automotive on May 24th replacing Jeff Brumfield who retired earlier this year.
Administration – From the Director
- The staff gym, located on the PDC side of the Service Building, has been reopened for use.
- FM & PDC have begun collaborating on historic preservation standards, specifically relating to building roofs. The focus of the effort is to ensure worker safety and develop consistent design standards across campus.
- The ADA facilities evaluation is making significant progress, recently reaching the 2nd Phase of the project. Area Managers are assisting evaluation teams with access and support for their facilities.
- TMA is scheduled to receive a significant upgrade in 2022. In anticipation of the upgrade, IT will be providing FM staff a sneak peek at the planned changes in the coming weeks and collecting initial user feedback.
- FM and Lobo Energy are working with UNM Real Estate and Athletics on an investment grade audit of athletic facilities and the research park. The goal is to evaluate building systems in order to optimize energy performance.
- FM Administration is currently engaged in campus tours with Area Maintenance and Grounds and Landscaping leadership to proactively identify opportunities for campus improvement and to help prioritize potential future projects. Administration reports the tours have been highly informative and productive.